Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

Run, Jump, Throw



Today for our kiwi sport (Run, Jump, Throw) we were learning on knowing our skills for high jump. I learnt that when your doing high jump you have to have slitely bent legs, scissors legs + scissors arms and also when your doing high jump you have to sprint so that when you jump over the bar it dosen't fall. The thing we were focusing on today getting our skills right. We had to form a line against the wall, we had to line up boy girl then Mrs A would split us up into 2 teams. Both of our teams had to do the scissor kick to get over the bar but before we did that we practiced by standing beside a line pretending it was the bar, then we had to do left left, right right. What I mean by left left right right is that when your jumping over the bar while doing the scissor action at the same time, you have to make sure if you jump with you left leg, that means you have to use your left hand to do the scissor action, and if you jump with your right leg you have to use your right hand to do the scissor action. The side I got use to was my right, only because I jump higher on my right, but on that day I jumped from using my left, the only reason being was because my goal on that day was to improve on jumping high and using the scissor action properly to get my legs up high. Another thing I learnt on that day was that when you jump over the bar, your toes have to be pointing up in the sky so that when you jump, you can jump higher from how you normally jump. I have to say that day was pretty challenging but it was actually fun and interesting learning new things about high jump.

2 comments:

Robyn Anderson said...

A detailed description of your learning Mere. I like your honest evaluation of the part you found challenging. Did you find it hard using the same leg and arm actions after having to think about using the opposite leg/arm actions in running?

Mere said...

Yes it was difficult using the same leg and arm, but it was also challenging because I wanted to get use to it, so that the more I get use to it the more I will get it right.

Post a Comment